Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sweet Vindication

I told you chefs see everything, right?

Well, this morning my current teammate Mandilicious (whom I adore) ran into Chef Tony Santa, our chef from last class. Back then, while I was dealing with Zesty, Mandilicious had to deal with a classmate who is extremely short-tempered but not the most talented person in the world, so you get a lot of attitude without much to back it up.

Anyway... Mandilicious asked chef when our grades would be posted online and he said they should be there already, then asked who her teammate was this class. She said me, and told me later that Chef grinned and said "that's good. I felt so bad for the two of you in my class. I was sure one of you was going to kill your teammate."

So I got my grade from Chef Tony Santa. It's an A.

Even better? This class, Zesty has been paired with Mandilicious' old teammate and together they have become Darth Chocolate's special re-education project. Every time he rips into them for poorly tempered chocolate or not following directions or doing something truly Zestabulous, Mandilicous and I just look at each other and smile.

Just desserts are delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who decides who partners with whom? Was it some deliciously evil chef who thought those two deserved each other? If so - I'd like to meet him/her.