Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gone Batty

I have pictures to post (of chocolates, of course) and much more Darth Chocolate news, but for now, as I am short on time, I’ll just share the mornings I’ve been having the past few days.

Bats.

I put my stuff in my car just as the sun is rising and, for the past week or so, have had the joy (and I mean that sincerely) of watching a bunch of bats coming home for a snooze after feeding. They flit and zoom and dart all around the area between a large tree and where I park my car. I happen to like bats, and it’s a thrill to see them doing their thing.

I can barely restrain myself from putting on a bad Romanian accent and exclaiming "Yes, yes! My children, creatures of the night! Gorge upon the insects! Eat your fill and come back for more, my darlings!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. i hope you neighbors see you doing that at sunrise. that will make a great story...