Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Life In Six Words

My pal Dr. Virago threw down the gauntlet, or at least let a mitten drop gently to the floor, earlier today with her post on writing a six word memoir. After devising her own, she suggested that I would not be able to fit my life into a mere six words (whether that suggests I've led an interesting life or am hopelessly wordy, I don't know).

Oh yeah?

As I commented on her blog, the perfect six word memoir for me already has been written (by Tolkien):

Not all who wander are lost.

What? I can't have my six word memoir ghostwritten, as it were, by one of the greatest authors in the English language, who also gifted to me my enjoyable Boromir/Faramir/Eomer/Witchking crushes? (Oh yeah... Witchking? Totally hot. Like Darth Vader but medievally.)

Well, okay. Then here it is, in my own (six) words:

It seemed like a good idea.

3 comments:

Dr. Virago said...

Awesome! That's *perfect* -- both Tolkien's six words *and* yours.

Speaking of both/and...you wrote: whether that suggests I've led an interesting life or am hopelessly wordy, I don't know. No, my dear, that's both/and, not either/or! :)

Just kidding. You're a former journalist -- you know when to rein in the verbiage. And you *have* led an interesting life.

Dr. Virago said...

PS -- but where's your illustration?

Tommy said...

yes, where *IS* the illustration?