Friday, April 25, 2008

Cannibalism Alert

The lovely and talented Dr. Virago recently questioned Ranger Craig's claims of cannibalism among Chaco culture outlier sites, pointing out in a comment to the post, and rightfully so, that tour guides are not always to be trusted.

I should know. I've been a tour guide and oh, the tales I've told. Not only that, but when she and I went hiking on the Isle of Man, we did have a couple of tour guides at medieval sites who excelled in truthiness.

So I did a little research. If, like me, your interest in Mormon chick hair and making homemade skyr is bested only by a deep fascination with cannibalism, here's some, er, food for thought that supports Ranger Craig's statements.

2 comments:

Dr. Virago said...

Ooh, cool -- it's the poop investigation the guide mentioned! And in a real science journal! Excellent!

OK, so maybe not all guides are untrustworthy fabricators. But I was right that the cannibalism issues *is* controversial, at least.

Dr. Virago said...

Oh, and what tales have *you* told? Aside from saying, "Why yes, of *course* Rachael Ray is a Master Chef." :)