Friday, June 15, 2007

Free At Last, Free At Last

Hallelujah...

I finished the last of my finals for classroom classes. Now until I graduate on (hopefully) Dec. 20, it will be all bakeshop classes. Yay!! And not a moment too soon. I was really underwhelmed by the quality of instruction as well as the intellectual curiosity, or lack thereof, of my classmates.

In any case, on Monday I'll start Special Occasion Cakes, which I'm really excited about. Becoming an A.M. student? Ah, not so much. For the past six weeks I've been a P.M. student, but from Monday until graduation, I'll be on the A.M. shift, starting class anywhere between 3 and 7 a.m. and finishing early afternoon. Fortunately, the chef for Cakes is a reasonable person and doesn't expect us there until 6:45 every morning, but later this year I'll be doing an artisan breads class that will have me up long before the roosters.

Next week, in addition to morning class and maintaining my "kicked up a notch" triathlon training, I'm doing the tour guide thing every day, so my posts may be few and far between. Hopefully they'll be interesting, however... in the first two days of class alone, we're going to be pulling and blowing sugar and building chocolate showpieces!

Now, doesn't that sound like a lot more fun than business management and controlling cost?

1 comment:

Dr. Virago said...

Now, doesn't that sound like a lot more fun than business management and controlling cost?

God, yes!

So how will Deputy Dawg adapt to your new schedule?