Monday, July 14, 2008

Must See Video

I know I said I'd be posting less, but you have got to see this. It's apparently all over the Net, but I found it through my iPal Tommy over at Macerating Shallots. Thanks, Tommy.

Here's the YouTube link, or watch it over at Tommy's site. As for me, I haven't figured out how to post direct links to YouTube videos, but it's worth the extra click or two for you to get there.

You can also see it at the guy's own website if you have Flash9 (click on Dancing 2008).

Not to be too embarassing, but the first time I saw it, I cried (in a good way). I am a sucker for that kind of music, but also seeing so many of the places I've been, from Dublin to Munich to the Ala Archa Gorge (yes! he went to Kyrgyzstan!) made me really nostalgic. The whole thing is filled with such guileless joy that it made me want to get up and dance.

Don't let me crying stop you from checking it out...

3 comments:

Dr. Virago said...

On embedding...

Click on the YouTube link you posted. To the right is a gray box and near the bottom of the gray box is a code in a white box under the word "embed." Copy that code. Go to your post in progress or open a new post page in blogger and choose the "edit HTML" tab instead of the "compose" tab. Paste the code. Voila, you have embedded a YouTube video. You won't be able to see it in compose -- and so I find it easier to write around it where I can see it in the "edit HTML" mode -- but you'll see it in preview.

The Pastry Pirate said...

You are wise, DrV, but alas, I did exactly that and it would only post the first half of the code, so it didn't work.

I'm really not an idiot, I swear. I tried several times and several ways and it never posted the entire code. I couldn't even get the entire code to display so that I could write it down and input it manually!

In any case, I hope people clicked on the links and got to see it.

Tommy said...

Heh, heh, heh...