Tuesday, July 22, 2008

God Works In Mysterious Ways... and Meats

Jesus appears on a potato chip, his mom turns up on toast... but don't think American Christians are the only ones to witness the divine in the delicious.

No, now Muslims in Nigeria are getting in on the act. Read about it here.

I can't decide if my favorite part is that the apparent expert in divine meat products is a vet, or that local scholars allegedly see the boiled and fried meat as proof "Islam is the only true religion for mankind." One would hope the scholars will have a back-up justification for Islam's righteousness once the meat starts to rot.

Dr. Virago: given your recent ruminations on transubstantiation (yes, I'm reading the blog... I just don't feel smart enough to post a comment on it!), I ask you and your learned peeps to weigh in on this, er, meaty topic.

1 comment:

Dr. Virago said...

Er...I got nothing. Sorry!

My lack of response brings new meaning to the phrase "too little, too late," eh?