Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thundersnow Aftermath

About 12 hours after my post about dismal morning weather, I took these shots on the way home from work...

Recognize the mountain below? Yeah, it's Byers Peak, the same behemoth I climbed on Tuesday, now buried in a foot of snow!

Here's a shot of clouds clinging to the newly snow-dusted mountains along the Divide. While it's beautiful, really achingly beautiful, I'm still dismayed that I won't be able to hike on my days off (Monday and Tuesday) because of lingering snow and mud. Grr.


And finally, here's a shot from the employee parking lot of the Place I Work, looking at another view of the Divide with all the stable horsies enjoying an evening snack.



When I got home tonight, by the way, even though I had filled it before leaving for work, the hummingbird feeder was empty. Jeez.

No comments: