Sunday, May 18, 2008

You May Refer To Me As Teng Kai Mao

I just visited a special pre-Olympics page on Chinese ettiquette and whatnot, where you can get your Chinese name (for entertainment purposes only) and find out your Chinese Zodiac. I was a little disappointed that my previously cool Zodiac sign, the Year of the Rooster, is now apparently known as the Year of the Chicken (not nearly as, er, cock-sure), but I found the name amusing.

Apparently, in Chinese I would be known as Teng Kai Mao, which means (this is the best part) "thick, lush, dense and talented."

Indeed.

Go here to get yours.

2 comments:

Dr. Virago said...

Kudos on the compliments!

As for the Chinese zodiac, I've always preferred the Year of the Cock, myself.

Hey, on an unrelated note, you may be wondering, "Is that disorganized Virago going to visit me or what?" Well, as you may have guessed, I haven't planned a late May / early June visit (thank god, since that gives you little warning). I just can't afford it. My frakin' trip to Wales in July is going to cost me insane amounts of money, and I really need a new car (the Saturn is falling apart -- literally -- things are falling off), so I can't afford another summer trip. Bummer.

Dr. Virago said...

Btw, my Chinese name is Fang Shu Han. How cool is that? Even better, "shu" means "to write" (and reminds me of mu shu pork) and "han" means "writing" (as well as Han Solo, I take it -- kidding).