Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What Have I Done Now?

Several weeks ago, I signed up to do the Denver Danskin Triathlon, slated for the last weekend in June, even though my training so far has consisted of getting Cerdic my bike out of the storage unit I rent and purchasing a trisuit from REI (I had a coupon!).

Tonight I learned there is another women-only sprint triathlon in Denver in August, this one for Tri for the Cure, an offshoot of the Race for the Cure behemoth. I decided to do it, and when registering they gave me the option of creating my own personal fundraising page.

I did it, mostly because I was tickled with the idea of adding "The Pastry Pirate" to the list of do-gooders displayed on the Tri for the Cure page.

If you want to make a donation to Team Pastry Pirate (motto: "fueled by rum and rage, though not necessarily in that order"), or if you just want to check the page out, here's the link.

And thanks for your support, even if it's only muttering "Christ on a crutch, I hope she at least gets her bike tuned up and remembers to stretch before the event."

No comments: