Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Almond Un-Joy

So I'm a little late to finding out about this, but the site says you can still get involved despite the September 1 deadline...

The government now wants to mess with almonds.

Yes, they now want to treat almonds with a possible carcinogen to "sterilize" them to "protect" us from the very, very small risk of salmonella exposure.

Oh, and by the way, the reason we in the U.S. have so much salmonella is our piss-poor industrial agriculture practices in which ridiculously large numbers of animals live too close together in unsanitary conditions. But I digress...

Here's where you can find more information and generate an "action letter" and all that ultimately meaningless and futile stuff that helps me get out of bed in the morning believing that I can somehow, in some small way, help to put the brakes on this handbasket to hell express that we're all riding... oops. Did I say that outloud? I mean, uhm, here's a way to make your voice heard on this important issue.

No comments: