Sunday, January 6, 2008

Is It Just Me Or...

Checking in for my flight earlier this morning, I was listening with half an ear to the Terribly Serious messages about which line to stand in for people just arriving to the airport. Both of the lines were at least as long as Disney's Space Mountain during Spring Break, but those of us considered "normal" were sent "to the right." All the troublemakers were sent "to the left" (of course).

The Sinister Line, according to the announcer, was for:

"Anyone traveling with a pet in cabin, anyone carrying a firearm and anyone traveling with an unaccompanied minor."

Set aside the whole firearm bit and ask yourself: if one is traveling with an unaccompanied minor, can that minor be considered unaccompanied?

Just wondering.

Much more on Stage One, as well as a drive that confirmed to me I am an excellent driver... and also a drive I hope never to repeat. But now I must show my ID once again to board the plane. Because everyone knows terrorists always misplace their fake IDs between the security checkpoint and gate. Hey, it happens.

No comments: