Friday, January 25, 2008

Haul This!

Yes, I am still alive. The number of gentle yet concerned emails wondering where the hell I was and what I was doing reached critical mass, so I thought I'd file a quick update.

I am an hour-plus late to pick up my U-Haul truck and tow dolly for my beloved and much abused Ford Focus. I've spent the last week-plus sorting, organizing, tossing/donating and packing stuff, and also vowing Never to Buy Anything Ever Again. The good news is two of my neighbors are buying most of my furniture, aside from things I will not be parted from, like my bed (those of you who have seen the seven-foot-tall "cemetery gate" headboard in all its goth splendor will understand).

Oh yeah... I almost forgot. Where am I lugging all my stuff? The Rockies. Yes, I took the job offered there after my stage, without even going to the third place, in Virginia, that wanted me to visit. They were even willing to pay my travel expenses, but in the end I knew it wasn't right for me and I didn't want to waste anyone's time, mine included.

So I am headed out to Colorado, departing New York Sunday or Monday, depending on how quickly I can pack the U-Haul. I promise much more when things are a bit settled. Until then, thanks to everyone who emailed and wanted to know if, given my uncharacteristic silence, all was well. Yes, it is, and I'm very excited, just a little stressed and low on time at the moment.

More soon! Swear!

5 comments:

JM said...

congrats!!

Tommy said...

Congratulations on graduating and securing gainful employment! Time to get those skis waxed...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took that one, I think you'll love it. Plus I can't wait to visit...

best of luck moving...

Anonymous said...

by the way, at the liquor store the other day I saw something that made me think of you...not rum...it was a fancy beer with the most rad picture of a viking ship on it.
I wanted to send it to you...but thought better of it.
and I have no idea what the beer brand was. oops.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Here's to a smooth move and transition!
xxx
glad you are enjoying the cds!