Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How I Spent Leifur Eriksen Weekend




...as only a true Leifur Eriksen fan would. (And yes, October 5 is officially recognized as Leifur Eriksen Day, reminding the world that he and his Vikings were the first known Europeans in North America, beating Columbus and his ilk by several centuries.)




More on the details of my LE weekend adventure soon, but for right now I just want to add that Tuesday, when I picked Wiley up from the kennel, instead of his usual frantic getmeoutofhere act, he sort of strutted out to the waiting room. Wearing a camouflage bandana.




"What's with the bandana?" I asked the guy who brought him out.




"Oh, he likes wearing it," was his response.




Uh, okay. Much like he enjoys wearing his Darth Vader Halloween costume, he did seem to like having the bandana, so I left it on. Here's a low-light shot of Plush Smalls relaxing on his bed. No comments about the clutter in the background; I'm getting my Halloween decor out and it's in the very back of my storage closet.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww wiley. Unfortunately my dogs are not "bandanable". they will fight to the death if you try to clothe them. okay, maybe not death, but it's a struggle best saved for holidays and humiliating christmas sweaters. Then at least the laughs justify the workout.

Anonymous said...

Plush Smalls is Mr.Debonair Dog. And green is definitely his color! Bet his little kitty friend is even more smitten than before.

Dr. Virago said...

He does indeed look like he feels super badass cool in that bandanna.

Too funny! He's so not a bandanna kind of dog, and yet, somehow, it works!