Saturday, June 7, 2008

Post(s) of The Month... and they ain't even mine!

Dr. Virago has been going gangbusters the past few weeks digging up hilarious YouTube videos. First she dug up a brilliant spoof of one of my favorite songs, "O Fortuna." I will spare you the many in-jokes she and I have about the song and just say that, if you know what's good for you, you'll go to her post and experience it for yourself.

Then yesterday she posted both the original and a bizarre cover of "Wuthering Heights." She and I have a long history with that song, too, but even if you've never heard of Kate Bush, I urge you to indulge in watching both videos, as well as a related Monty Python clip. When you're watching the original Kate Bush video, just remember that she was on a major record label at the time... then ask yourself if that song, and especially that video, would ever see the light of day in today's music industry.

In any case, "Wuthering Heights" remains one of the creepiest pop songs ever, and I just wish that Rammstein would cover it with Bjork on guest vocals. I really believe that would work.

Oh, and also, I decided long ago that if I were ever kidnapped I would feign a breakdown and sing "Wuthering Heights" over and over until my captors couldn't take it anymore and let me go. I think about these things a lot.

Also, if anyone ever forced me to karaoke, that's the song I'd pick. I'd have the bar emptied in seconds.

Enjoy the posts.

No comments: