Monday, July 23, 2007

WWFJD?

I'm back in the environs of Cookin' School, though still on summer break. I got back from Down South late last night, stopping enroute to visit my friend The Queen in Our Nation's Capitol.

But enough about me... I want to talk about God. Specifically, Flirty Jesus. At the church school where L takes her daughters for day care, I noticed a rather, uhm, attractive image of him taped to a wall. Jesus was hot. In a sort of roadie-who's-discovered-teeth-whiteners way, but still. Dang. I might have paid better attention to the nuns during catechism if Flirty Jesus was winking at me from the wall. Sure, there are parallels to Buddy Jesus in "Dogma," but I'm wondering, does finding Flirty Jesus sexy make me closer to God or the Inferno?


You decide...



Yeah, I took a surreptitious photo. Because, like spotting a truck carrying "Inedible Technical Animal Fat. Naturally," witnessing Flirty Jesus must be shared with the people.


Also worth sharing... this curious treat I found for a dollar at a Down South asian market:



Sugarcoated Haws on a Stick for a dollar? Hell yeah I'm going to try them.


As you can see from the photo below, showing the back of the box and actual product, the haws did not live up to the packaging promise aethetically.



That said, they were actually pretty tasty in a sweet and sour dried apple kind of way. Not too sure about the tooth decay message inferred by their spokesman, though.

No comments: