Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Return of The Pastry Pirate

I'm back.

The Pastry Pirate returns in what I hope will be leaner, meaner form. My objectives remain the same as they were for the old, original Pastry Pirate blog (now lost to the dark waters of Davy Jone's eLocker): to share the experience of making a career change "at my age" and plunging into the world of professional pastry stuff.

That said, I've given myself a few restraints that are designed not only to make the blog more readable, but also make me a better writer. For starters, I'm going to attempt to be more big picture (less "and then I did this, and then he said that") as well as less gossipy. Note: less gossipy, not less catty, because where's the fun in that? Also, in what longtime friends will recognize as a huge sacrifice on my part, I am going to (attempt to) keep entries to no more than 1,000 words. A thousand words may seem like a lot, but trust me, I can drop a couple thou the way some people chew gum.

So. Watch this space.

No comments: